Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mexico...Stone Island Trader.

This woman had a lovely smile and I bought a magnetic stone bracelet off her. We haggled a little bit but came to an amicable agreement. Basically, I didn't want the bracelet but I couldn't resist her pleasantness. I didn't realise she was so short until I stood right beside her. She didn't quite make it up to my shoulder. She covers herself up so she does not get any more sun on her skin. Not like us silly Westerners. (She must be very hot though). She looks like she works hard for her money. She had no English language. We were at a place called "Stone Island" just of Mazatlan. It is a small island, mainly fishing and tourists keep it alive. There is very few cars, so tourists use tractor drawn carts to get from the jetty to where they are going. Samara and I went horse riding which was a lot of fun and interesting to see more of the village. After we got back to the mainland we were told that the island has quicksand and that all horse riders have to go with a guide or whoops here one minute gone the next!

No comments: