Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Mexico...Solmar Beach.

Sunset over the Pacific Ocean from our balcony at Slomar Suites.

Mexico is beautiful, there is nothing quite like it, I have loved this country since I first came here. We are truly in relax mode now...no rental cars anymore..........just doing this every day, laying around unwinding and going to half day happy hours...too good.

Hey guys, its Wendy here. It's hot....very hot.....hotter than the Gold Coast. Luckily, I' m taking it easy,well some of the time. this morning we went on a hike over the rock formations (almost rock climbing with ropes) to a secret cove and then on to Lover's Beach. Lover's Beach is a tourist destination but all the tourists get there by boat. Not us, we walked. I'm glad that the hawkers etc were there as we were able to get a drink and not be found dehyrated and dead on the way back. I had shoes on (the new Converse no less) but Samara and Mal were barefooted and they were jumping as the rocks were so hot. The rock formations were granite. I think Samara and Mal thought I was the little old lady as at times I had trouble stretching enough to reach the next foot hold. I made it though!! not dead yet!!
The bartering here is cool, not nearly as difficult as Bali or Thailand or India. the Mexicans seem to be not so persistent.....thank goodness. The do accept "I am just looking" even if they do say that "It is almost free!" Bye for now, Wendy.

No comments: