Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mexico.....Mazatlan Foreshore North.

Mazatlan foreshore.........hot,hot,hot.!! Notice the distinct lack of activity in this scene.

If there was anyway of portraying heat through a photograph.......believe me, you would be cooking right now just looking at this shot The rest of Mexico has siestas between lunch time and about 4pm for a very good reason, and here we are walking around in the oven called Mazatlan at midday.

One of the best descriptions I've ever heard of the heat in Mexico was surf photographer Daniel Russo talking about Puerto Escondido where we happen to be heading next..........quote "I can feel my brain melting, the heat will get you down here"

Personally, I love the heat and that is why I did'nt mind coming down here this time of year, plus there is the added bonus of the fact that it is low season and there are virtually no tourists around..........give it another month or so and the entire Mexican coastline will be crawling with them.

Last time I was here it was about a month earlier than this and I remember it being the same.......stepping of the plane at Maz airport and nearly dripping onto the tarmac whilst swearing to god that Lucifer is breathing his fireball right down your neck behind you.

Bring on Puerto....!

No comments: