Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mount Rainier........

This is John Huston.........I met him and two other mates of his up on the glacier ........they were on a three to four day climb to the summit camping at base camps along the way. This guy has led an expedition to the South Pole and was here doing crevass training in preparation for an unassisted North Pole expedition in 2009.
I will come back and talk on this and the next photo when I have more time....this little climb up onto this glacier on my own (Wendy and Samara turned back down at the glacier base camp) was definitely one of the absolute adrenalin pumping highlights of the entire trip for me so far and deserves a full rundown on it.

In the meantime check out John's website, here's the address. www.forwardexpeditions.com

No comments: