Monday, September 17, 2007

California.....

A short time exposure of our campsite on The Avenue Of Giants where we stayed for the night......I loved this spot, it was a perfect campsite.

ps...... April 2012.
Going back over this blog entry 4 years 7 months after I shot this image and posted this entry, it is one of my all time favourites. (Yeah, I know.....blurred and out of it) but for me it is loaded with feeling, emotion and meaning. There is nothing quite like it on earth as far as I am concerned than camping in the Californian Redwoods. They are fully imposing and beautiful at the same time and really make you realise where you sit in the big picture that is life itself.
Just being in this place is extremely "self leveling" if I can use such a phrase. The size and scale of the forest itself makes you aware that basically we (humans) are just a little piece of nothing compared to nature itself  (and the tsunami in Japan last year demonstrated that with vivid clarity)

Look at the girls faces....it says it all.

No comments: