Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lake Louise

Ice on the boardwalk. Holy hell........this was bloody cold.

It was a snappy night in the tent for the three of us last night and the evidence is on this boardwalk. My fingers were freezing after about 5 minutes of shooting here, and my toes also.....even with my thongs on................( naa....just kidding, I did have my boots on, and it was still freezing.

Wendy and I got up at first light to go up to Lake Louise so I could photograph the place before the tour buses and the gazillions of other people get up there, (and while the water is dead calm) while Samara slept in and came up with Doug and his family about two hours later.

It was only at Wendy's persistence that I made it that early, as Doug and I had had a big one the night before (as usual), but it was well and truly worth it. The only people that were there at that time of day were the photographers......maybe half a dozen or so, and the shots were going off thick and fast.......some of the best photos of the trip so far have come from here or very close to this area.

No comments: