Sunday, August 12, 2007

Canada.


Hi everyone, Mal usually does the writing for the photos late in the evening after a busy, busy, day and I am too tired to think. This one is being written in the morning when I can get my thoughts together. This photo was taken in the gardens of a Salmon Fish Hatchery, in Vancouver. I thought this looked like a little mushroom where hobbits might sit. I am a hobbit.... I am trying to be small. Vancouver is a lovely city, where a harbour, mountains and city all meet. Most areas of Vancouver are well kept and the gardens of people's homes are lovely.....so many flowers. We have seen plenty of wild flowers plus blackberries, raspberries and blueberries on the side of the road as well. No wonder the bears in the wild are doing so well, there is so much food for them! Haven't seen any bears in the wild as yet. That could be a bit scary. Time for me to go.....we are heading off on the Hwy No. 97 on the way to Banff. We are in a tiny little town called Cache Creek where we stayed last night. Motel is called "Tumbleweed".....there is barren hills and I'm sure it is covered in snow in winter. Must go. Luv to you all. Wendy.

No comments: